Re: Vandyke Variables

Tom Ferguson (tomf2468@pipeline.com)
Wed, 10 Jun 1998 08:14:29 -0800

Jan Pietrzak <jpptprnt@gte.net> wrote:

>I have been trying to find the new paper you just made, Arches
>Lanaquarelle w/ 50% rag. Lana if you listen to the peolpe from Arches
>is that other paper mill down the road.

I use Lana Lanaquarelle for gum work. I too got confused with the who /
were / what of this paper. Lana is a manufacturer, as is Arches.
Lanaquarelle is a TYPE of paper made by a large number of differant
manufacturers. Lana's and Arches' Lanaquarelle are NOT the same paper (at
least for gum). Arches is easy to find, Lana's can be mail ordered through
Daniel Smith. One great thing about Lana's (for gum) is that is is "sized"
with "pure gelatin". Doing multiple coat gum, I still gelatin and glyoxal
the paper, but it does resist stain very nicely.

tomf2468@pipeline.com