Re: Gum variables

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Wed, 10 Jun 1998 15:17:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 10 Jun 1998 FotoDave@aol.com wrote:
> But I didn't do another test because at this point speed is not a critical
> issue for me as long as the exposure is reasonably consistent. For me, the
> "bottle neck" of the system is in the development, so exposure time difference
> is not really that important.

Exactly -- and bear in mind that one day your water was sitting in the
tray and got to be room temp at 75 degrees F, another day you ran it fresh
and maybe it's winter and came in at 50 degrees.... And so forth.

There may be a certain disposition that former platinum printers have to
overcome, or grow beyond, in adapting to gum... where the variables are
not the kind they've been *raised* on... And control is more a mental
state, or let's say by brainwave... ;- )

> But I like the recent, serious discussion about gum. :)

What else is there???

Judy