Re: Gum variables

Hamish Stewart & Sophie Colmont (Hamish.Sophie@wanadoo.fr)
Fri, 12 Jun 1998 11:51:06 +0200

This is an interesting point. I suspect that one of the main contributors
to staining is the gum becoming too thin - either through further
dilution, or too much sensitizer - though increasing the amount of
sensitizer doesn't seem to cause additional staining - though increasing
the amount of pigment in the gum can do. Maybe its the carrier of the
pigment in solution in the tube watercolours that is a contributor...

Hamish