Re: NEA,NPR,PBS Support

Richard Knoppow (dickburk@ix.netcom.com)
Sat, 13 Jun 1998 13:44:39 -0700

At 02:26 PM 6/13/98 -0600, Eric Neilsen wrote:
>Dear Friends,
>
>I did not wish to start a big discussion here about the complex issue of
>how the ARTS are funded, etc. Only that if you felt compelled to do
>something, to do it.
>
>Judy Seigel wrote:
>> <SNIP>

I think it may be more useful to ask those interested to write to their
representatives and to those on the appropriate Senate and house committees
expressing their opinions about funding for the arts and for Public
broadcasting.
I happen to think both of these are very important issues which do not
recieve much media attention.
Members of the Senate and House _do_ respond to letters. It needs to be
made clear to them when there is public support for an issue. A large
number of letters, e-mails, and phone calls to their offices makes a
greater impression than anything that looks organized. Write a letter a
week, an e-mail a week, make a phone call a week. Most representatives get
so many they will think each is a separate one from a new person! Really,
it works.
----
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles,Ca.