Re: Interactivity and process

Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 17:14:06 -0400

Judy Seigel wrote:
> ..., aren't you saying "objective"
> is if you see what I want you to see? ...

No, it's more like - if I can reveal what I have discovered.

> ... In fact this discussion could be used to prove that "subjective" and
> "objective" are as much mindsets as definable points... Or perhaps
> poles around which our conscious intents revolve...

Yes, we could say that. Or perhaps magnets which draw in our curiosity.

Richard Sullivan wrote:
> The only objectivity is the scene or the actual
> photograph of the scene. Once either of those is translated into an
> experience, it loses its objectivity.

But what if it's not translated into an experience, but rather a
discovery? And, what about the objectivity of the message the scene is
providing? I just cannot buy into the argument that if it is done by
some human, it must be subjective.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/