Fw: APIS Plan B

Campos & Davis (campos-davis@lineone.net)
Fri, 19 Jun 1998 21:03:52 +0100

Terry King has asked me to forward this to the list. The exhibition at
Bath
looks fantastic, and I hope that enough people hear about this, at the last
moment, to make this APIS work.

Campos & Davis Photos
6 Cranbourne Road
London N10 2BT
Tel/Fax + 44 181 883 8638
email: campos-davis@lineone.net
WEB SITE: http://website.lineone.net/~campos-davis

----------
From: TERRY KING <KINGNAPOLEONPHOTO@compuserve.com>

Subject: APIS Plan B
Date: Friday, June 19, 1998 4:15 PM

Richard

Would you be kind enough to relay the gist of this to the alternative
process list.

If I have not heard by next Wednesday, 24 June whether I have enough
people to make an APIS 1998, in Bath on 4,5,6 July, a going proposition ,
I will need to call the whole thing off. The World Cup, Arles and short
notice,following the demise of the APIS at Oporto, seem to be significant
factors You will be glad to hear, however, that those people I have spoken
to are very keen on the idea of APIS 99 and also 2000.

It is a pity because we had a good programme planned with sessions on
bromoil, liquid silver emulsion, the Alinari archive, the computer and the
fine print, the 1862 International Exhibition and direct carbon printing
among others. Three of the sessions were to be in the Great Hall at Lacock
on the morning of 6 July. I have also arrived at a flat fee of fifty pound
to cover the sessions and the trip to Lacock but not food.

People may like to know that the the exhibition that was to be associated
with the symposium is up and looking pretty good. It includes images by
some of the top names in photography and alternative processes over the
past one hundred and twenty years. I am told that it contains a large
number of very beautiful images. If there are not enough takers for the
main symposium I should be able to arrange a day of discussions related to
the exhibition at Bath on Sunday 6 July

I am copying this note to photohst.

Terry King.