re Terry King's email

Gordon J. Holtslander (holtsg@duke.usask.ca)
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 14:30:31 -0600 (CST)

Hello All:

Terry King posted a message to the list where he stated Judy Seigel's Post
Factory Photography publication insulted the alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
mailing list. The only purpose of such a posting is to incite conflict.
This is unacceptable

I gave Terry King ample opportunity to stay on this list. My expetcations
were simple; he must have apologised to the list, and made a committment
not to do so in the future.

He has done neither and has never taken any responsibility for the
conflict that ensued. I warned him once, and he ignored me.

Since he has never aplogized or taken any responsibility for his actions I
was left with few options. I unsubscribed him.

I do not want the mailing list to become a site for debating the merits or
demerits of Terry King.

I do recognize that this is an important issue for many so I have set up a
discussion web page for this.

If you wish to discuss this further please see:
http://duke.usask.ca/~holtsg/photo/altmail.html

Thanks

Gord

On Tue, 23 Jun 1998, Karl P. Koenig wrote:

> I sent this to Terry King today. I am definitely not looking for
> resurrection of the old fights but perhaps some accommodation to be made
> for all the souls interested in alt processes: those who fancy themselves
> expert and those who don't. If those of us who are moderate in our point
> of view stop talking to those who aren't (I am reminded of the US and their
> relations with the Iraquis, etc.) we are all deprived. (Please, no
> messages about setting up a separate list. And please, no messages about
> how "we have tried this before two years ago.") The point is to have all
> interested parties talking to (even talking with) each other.
>

> Terry King:

> would dearly like, Terry, is for you to get back on the list. I suspect
> one list of this sort is about enough. Yet, I have little hope for that
> until I am in charge of the world. I think I told you I wrote Gordon and
> suggested to him that punishments in terms of suspensions rather than
> executions would be more appropriate for those who raise too much hell for
> his/members' taste. I will copy him and the list this note to let him know
> that there are some of us out here still thinking about how to make it all
> work a step or two short of final solutions. Karl

Gordon J. Holtslander Dept. of Biology
holtsg@duke.usask.ca 112 Science Place
Tel (306) 966-4433 University of Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 966-4461 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Canda
S7N 5E2