EDTA in Pyro

Harald Leban (HLEBANPHOT@compuserve.com)
Sat, 02 Jan 1999 03:23:32 -0500

The only reason why I´m using EDTA tetra Na in AB C+ Pyro/ Rollo Pyro is to
keep the working solution clear from any precipitations of
Calcium/Magnesium borates when diluting with tap water (complexing agent).
There is no direct reason to put it into the stock solutions but if it´s in
there you cannot forget it.

The EDTA should also catch other metallic kations like iron, copper etc.
because they would react with Pyrogallol too and form intenisve
dye-complexes which can also raise the base-fog in the negative.

Under these aspects we can say that EDTA helps to get homogene developed
negatives.

Greetings from Austria and all the best wishes for 1999.

Harald

Harald Leban
hlebanphot@compuserve.com
platinum work : Aperture Gallery