Re: POP and Super Actinics

Charles Steinmetz (csteinmetz@nym.alias.net)
Sat, 02 Jan 1999 09:16:16 +0000

William Laven wrote:

>I finally got my POP printer friend over to compare prints exposed on her
>Black Light 360nm bulbs vs. my Super Actinic 420nm's. Her prints were
>exposed in half the usual time (10 mins. vs. 20 mins.) and were at least a
>grade higher in contrast.

Were these tests performed in the same fixture before and after changing
bulbs, or are the BL results from her fixture and the SA results from yours?

If the latter, they don't really tell very much without knowing in great
detail about both fixtures (and even then, if the fixtures aren't nearly identical).

By POP, what do you mean -- home-coated salted paper or Centennial POP?

Charles