Re: Sensitivity of Dichromated Colloids, Was POP and Super Actinics

Sandy King (sanking@hubcap.clemson.edu)
Sun, 03 Jan 1999 16:37:20 -0400

In a previous message I wrote.

>b) Dichromated colloids have their greatest sensitivity at about 210
>nanometers and are considered totally insensitive above 600 nanometers.
>However, glass absorbs virtually all of the radiation below 300 nanometers,
>and the actual practical sensitivity has been found to be between 350 and
>450 nanometers, with a maximum at 360 nanometers. Within this range it will
>be found that contrast will range from a minimum at 350 nanometers to a
>maximum at 450 nanometers.

What I intended to write was: "in actual practical sensitivity has been
found to be between 300 and 450 nanometers, with a maximum at 360
nanometers. Within this range it will be found that contrast will range
from a minimum at 300 nanometers to a maximum at 450 nanometers."

Sandy King