Re: FWD: re Newton Rings

Luis Nadeau (nadeaul@nbnet.nb.ca)
Sun, 03 Jan 1999 23:43:50 -0400

At 11:35 AM -0500 98/12/31, Karl-Heinz wrote:

>It is a good idea to use a hair dryer and dry the emulsion side
>of the film before enlarging or contact printing 35mm and rollfilm.
>I do this since a couple of years and I do not have Newton Rings.
>And of course I do not use Anti Newton Glasses for known reason.

Definitely. One of the factors involved is humidity. This is likely the
reason why some people, as seen on this list recently, can't understand why
the problem seems to appear and disappear when they don't "seem" to be
changing anything in their operating procedure.

Luis Nadeau
NADEAUL@NBNET.NB.CA
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada