Re: OT:Bruce Davidson's Pictures

Bernard104@aol.com
Mon, 04 Jan 1999 03:05:35 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 1/2/99 5:43:26 PM Pacific Standard Time, In a message dated 1/2/99 5:43:26 PM Pacific Standard Time, juicebox@my-
dejanews.com writes:

<< how I can get the same effect? >>

Several years ago I spent a month or so running "grain" tests for a project.
Tri-X overexposed gave the best grain. We wound up shooting at ASA 25 and
push processing about 20% and on some shots up to 50%. Fortunately I have a
good fast enlarger. Developers were less important although Rodinal and
Dektol both looked good. Also Acufine gave a very nice grain without quite so
much overexosure. For this job I wound up shooting 35 mm but even the 6x6
negs had a wonderful grain. The grain on the 3200 Tmax while grainy didn't
have the same interesting feel to it.

Bernie

Bernard Boudreau