Re: printing color separations

Michael Keller (keller@wvinter.net)
Sat, 09 Jan 1999 16:33:12 -0500

I haven't exposed a glass negative, but I've printed form a few within the
last year. Wasn't it nice of those old folks to use a medium that was so
OBVIOUS and continues to be compatible? 500 years from now, someone will hold
a negative up to the sun and say "Oh, there's a picture here!" Kinda hard to
do with a floppy.<g>

I'm being sarcastic, and I'm not trying to be a Luddite. The best quality
comes from using the right tools and materials at the right time. For
precision, that's digital. But it's hard to beat an 8x10 in-camera negative
for tonal quality, eh?