Re: Once Upon a Time ...

John Rudiak (wizard@laplaza.org)
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 18:41:11 -0700

Ya know, I am actually kind of refreshed by the continuous tone discussion, as it
involved some interpretattion of scientific theory as related to photography.
Also some humor, where the original person who asked for peoples concept of
"continuous tone" (on two occasions) stated yesterday that the discussion was
basically BS, opinion formed as near as i could tell because people spent time
trying to refute his position.

At least it was good clean entertainment.

The discusssion could continue until someone says something like "Of course there
is no continuous tone, because alll the materials are made of atoms, ultimately,
which are essentially particles with spaces between them, so if you blow the
material up enough, it is not continuous"

Oh darn, I ended it.

John