Re: Improving Contact

John Rudiak (wizard@laplaza.org)
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 23:00:38 -0700

For prints larger than 8X10, I use two pieces of 20X24 plate glass, the bottom one
covered with black felt is 1/4 inch and the top is 3/8. When the put the top one
on the paper/negative, you make a gentle figure 8 moton with the top glass and it
squeezes any air out. Its easy to see when this occurs as the drag you feel when
moving the glass will increase.

I haven't really found a large easel that keeps things flat- I think the single
thickness glass bows when under pressure.

John