Re: New book on the GIMP

Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.co.uk)
Sat, 16 Jan 1999 20:04 +0000 (GMT)

Wayde

When you've had time to read it perhaps you could tell us whether the book
has much to offer so far as people interested in alt-proc are concerned,
and in particular perhaps to the lengthy thread on negatives. Perhaps
there may be some gems that could be presented in precis on-line?

GIMP runs rather slow on my system with files of any size - I get the
impression that it was written for use with 'web size' graphics.

One major advantage over Photoshop is of course that both it and the
operating system needed to run it are free.

Peter Marshall

On Fixing Shadows and elsewhere:
http://www.people.virginia.edu/~ds8s
Family Pictures, German Indications, London demonstrations &
The Buildings of London etc: http://www.spelthorne.ac.uk/pm/