Re: Weston Photographic Analyzer

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Sun, 17 Jan 1999 13:34:48 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 17 Jan 1999, Sandy King wrote:

> Hi Richard,
> >
> > What kind of step wedge would you suggest?
>
> What you need is a 21 step wedge that reads in .15 log increments (for
> example, the first step will read .05 (B+F), the second .20, the third .35,
> etc.). These are availabel from Kodak, Stouffer (219.232.7989), or Darkroom
> Innovations (602.767.7105). Step wedges come calibrated (very expensive)

Sandy, did you think I would pass up the opportunity to mention that the
Stouffer 21-step, as explained in Post-Factory Photography Issue #1
("Sense & Sensitometry" article), is only $5.40 uncalibrated, while the
Kodak uncalibrated costs lots more & the Kodak calibrated will set you
back about the cost of a battleship? There's also a chart of the readings
on my Macbeth for a 21-step, which might be of use.

 Judy