Re: Gum questions - Details

FotoDave@aol.com
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 21:12:34 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 1/19/99 2:27:47 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Hamish.Sophie@wanadoo.fr writes:

> To add to this try Saunders Waterford - both the cold and hot pressed.
> The hot pressed is wonderful to resolve fine detail

Hi Hamish,

I had a chance to try it just recently, and I love the number of steps I can
get with this paper, but for my emulsion, it stains if printed without sizing.
Do you size this paper for your gum print?

> I would normally do between 6-8 exposures of my gum prints. Some say this
> is excessive - but I like the results - if you like visit my pages at
> http://perso.wanadoo.fr/hamish/terre.html to see some examples.

The result is beautiful. I am interested and curious about whether you do 6-8
coats for the reason of control, for thickness, for different color coats as
in your images, or for any specific / main reason?

Suppose you want to do a monochrome gum with black only, would you also do 6-8
coats?

Thanks in advance!

Dave