Re: Pyro stain and UV transmission

Sandy King (sanking@hubcap.clemson.edu)
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 00:30:36 -0400

Hi Liam,

You wrote:

> But so far I haven't redeveloped any actual images on the film I
>use (APH), and maybe this'll stain only slightly.

In fact, the Arista APH and APHS films stain very well, almost as much as
TRI-X and FP4+.

>I'd never heard of rollo pyro until joining the list a few days ago. It's
>not in my B&S price list, so I still don't know what it is.

Rollo Pyro is a modified Pyro developer, very similar to PMK but with the
addition of ascorbic acid and EDTA. It is used by many photographers
working with rotary processing to avoid excessive oxidation. You will find
the formula in the archives (or one very similar), posted over a year ago
by Harald Leban of Austria.

Sandy King