Re: Scanner selection

Joao Ribeiro (jribeiro@greco.com.br)
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 10:55:03 -0200

Hi Michael and All,

Nikon, as far as I know, has 2 35 mm scanners, the Coolscan2000 at 3,6 dynamic range
and LS III at 3,0.
The difference in prices are considerable, the LSIII is a little cheaper than your
Polaroid, I had owned one last year and I am very satisfied with it. The Coolscan 2000
is a bit more expensive than the polaroid.
I am not sure about the meaning of this difference in dynamic range, but it must mean
something for that price difference.
May be someone can explain us better!
Joao