Bristol board substitute?

Mac Legrandi (juicebox@my-dejanews.com)
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 20:48:55 +0000

Hello!

I've been using Strathmore 2-ply Smooth Bristol board (from a pad) for cyanotype and like the detail I get from the smooth surface. I also, like to put a second gum coat over it. The problem is the bristol does not soak well. It becomes very absorbant, and may just fall apart.

Is there a paper I can use that can handle a pre-shrink, and wash with the surface like the bristol smooth?

I don't like the BFKs felty surface, though you can soak it forever.

Thanks

Mac

-----== Sent via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==-----
http://www.dejanews.com/ Easy access to 50,000+ discussion forums