Re: BL Bulbs, Mercury Vapor, Mercury Flourescent, Sunlamp

Gary Shank (gshank@flash.net)
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 21:21:42 -0800

Jonathan C Hall wrote:

> Need sources for lights to print with looking for any and all sources as
> I am trying to nail down which best suits me. products looking for (BL
> lights, Mercury Vapor, Mercury Flourescent, Sunlamps.)
>
> Sources for these much apreciated. Looking for as powerfull light
> source as possible. In the 350nm range.
> Thanks all
> Jonathan

> Need sources for lights to print with looking for any and all sources
> as I am trying to nail down which best suits me. products looking
> for (BL lights, Mercury Vapor, Mercury Flourescent, Sunlamps.)
>
> Sources for these much apreciated. Looking for as powerfull light
> source as possible. In the 350nm range.
> Thanks all
> Jonathan

Hi,

You might consider the metal halide lamps which are used
for screen printing. I am checking out a surplus NuArc
4000 watt light for another list member. This unit
projects horizontally and is about the size of a big screen
rear projection television. It must weigh 350 lbs.
Replacement lamps are expensive - $160.
I have a 1000 watt quartz lamp with a light integrator
which was used in a print shop for exposing lith film
but I don't know if it would work for alt processes.

Gary Shank
gshank@flash.net