Oxalic Acid + Potassium Chlorate

dkern@juno.com
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 18:25:45 -0600

I'm making my first #1 and #2 solutions for pt/pd and have three SHORT
questions.

1) Is oxalic acid useful/necessary? I understand it may promote longevity
of the solution and increase contrast.

2) Can potassium chlorate be kept in a separate solution from the #2 and
added when sensitizing the pt/pd?It was mentioned in a thread a week or
so ago but it was not clear what concentration solution to use.

3) What are some other contrasting agents and methods of application?
Does sodium dichromate work in an ammonium citrate developer the same as
in potassium oxalate? Does it cause less grain than potassium chlorate?

Thanks!

David Kern

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]