Re: Amidol Redeveloper

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 02:04:29 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 29 Jan 1999, Liam Lawless wrote:
> I doubt if you'll get enough dichromate to dissolve to make a 10% solution,
> so maybe Clerc's dichromate was different to mine. Use a saturated solution
> if 10% won't dissolve.

Isn't K dichromate supposed to be soluble to 15%?

But if I'm following correctly (which I may not be), what you're
describing is sort of a harmonizing in reverse. You're taking out some
shadows first, and then intensifying what's left. Assuming you have shadow
to spare in a neg that needs intensification... tho I guess the idea is to
increase contrast?

> For weak intensification, use 20 parts A, 40 parts B and water up to
> 100 parts. For medium, use 20 parts A, 10 parts B and water up to 100.
> For strong, use 10 parts A, 2 parts B and water up to 100.
>
> Then again, you can probably buy it ready made, but that doesn't give you
> any control.

If you mean Kodak Chromium Intensifier, it's off the market...
environmental reasons, apparently.

> It is probably a good idea to harden your negs before treating them.

You do that now with glyoxal, rather than, say, one of the alum hardeners
that comes with fix?

Judy