Re: archival ink for deskjet

C. Michael McKinney (mckinnm@host1.swosu.edu)
Sat, 30 Jan 1999 08:45:26 -0500

Bob_Maxey@mtn.3com.com wrote:

> >>You always take your chance when you buy a painting since
> >>there is no easy way to tell what is made with good quality material and
> >>what is not.
>
> then there is the added problem of people taking established materials and
> techniques and changing them. You can't be sure of what is happening.
>
> RM

  I have been using azo dyes, both alone and in multiple exposures with water
color, in archivally processed photo-aquatints with no problems. Oldest
extant print in my collection and hanging on an indriectly sunlit wall was
done in 1984. I had always wondered what the permanence might be, but so far
no owners of my work have called me about fading, or other problems for that
matter. The biggest problem I have is in predicting the final color, but hey,
no two prints are alike by design anyway.