Re: Glycin

Sil Horwitz (silh@iag.net)
Mon, 01 Feb 1999 21:41:56 -0500

At 07:12 PM 1999/02/01 -0700, John Rudiak wrote:

>Steve Shapiro wrote:
>
>> Subject: Re: Glycin
>>
>> If that's what glycin is, maybe we should stick to Rodinal for a developer.
>
>For those who might not know, p-aminophenol is the developing agent unique
>my knowledge) to Rodinal.

And p-aminophenol is an apple, and glycin is an orange. Very different in
processing, not comparable at all. Many developers are substituted
p-aminophenols, such as Metol, which is a monomethyl-p-aminophenol (sulfate
- which just makes it more soluble), likewise different.

Sil Horwitz, FPSA
Technical Editor, PSA Journal
silh@iag.net
Visit http://www.psa-photo.org/