Re: Stains on 10x8 negatives

FotoDave@aol.com
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 08:38:24 -0500 (EST)

> occurs on every negative I have developed in this manner,
> is a series of pale blue to bright blue reasonably circular stains (not
less
> than four, not more than ten), running vertically on one side of the
> negative
> (occasionally both sides) and varying in size fom around 2 cms to 0.5 cms.
> They
> are appearing at varying spacings from the negative edge.

Hi Peter,

It sounds like the dye from the anti-halation layer to me, as Kerik also
pointed out. Jobo recommends using fixer to remove the stain. I think whether
you use a developer or fixer, it is the sulfide that clear the stains. Some
recommend using hypo clearing agent which is sulfide+bisulfide. I have tried
it and it works too.

Dave