Re: Paper Negatives (digital)

Nick Makris (nick@mcn.org)
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 12:57:25 -0800

Pete and all,

Many thanks for your informative response. I think I'm getting there with
this digital negative decision. At the moment I have ordered Photoshop 5
and have a 30MB scan of a 35MM image and will try out the software on my
Laserjet and Postscript printers (300 & 600 DPI). If anyone has any
thoughts about the appropriate paper for digital negs it might be helpful.

Also, I am very close to ordering the Nikon LS4500. The best price I
obtained was from B&H Photo in NY - $5700. I also received a quote of $5000
for a refurb unit from another mail order company.
DecisionsDecisionsDecisions.

Thanks again,

Nick