Edge Adjacency and Enlarged Negatives

FotoDave@aol.com
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 17:47:58 -0500 (EST)

Within an hour after I posted the message about adjacency effect with
"regular" developers, I already received some messages from people telling me
their interest and asking for my developer, time, temperature, agitation, etc.
It seems like I have caused some confusion (since I replied with the Tri-X
header), so here is some explanation:

My tests with D76 (and LC-1) was for developing high-contrast lith film
(Arista APH in particular) as continous-tone film. The tests were not for
regular film, so I don't have the results for those.

I know that I can get edge-adjacency effect with "normal" developer, but I
haven't started the tests yet, but even if I do the tests, they will also be
for making enlarged negatives, not for original camera negatives. I like my
original negatives to be developed more or less "normally."

Some suggest that I post my result to the list. I will, at least in a
condensed form. The reason I mentioned about publishing in on my web site or
the journal or other publication was mainly due to space and length
consideration because there might be images to be shown.

Dave