Re: Quasi "alt" question re:8x10 cameras

Steve Shapiro (sgshiya@redshift.com)
Sat, 30 Jan 1999 23:35:38 -0800

Subject: Re: Quasi "alt" question re:8x10 cameras

>I agree, I would be very interested in what other people recommend as far
as
>8x10 cameras, etc. I may be in the market for one soon as I delved into
>alt. photography more and I would like to hear all the wonderful things
>that the world of large negs can do.
>
>GM

Gary, you must see Brett Weston's "Sunset" an 8 X 10 contact on AZO done
with Amidol. A classic in every way.

Though it seems like a miniature set in a square fish tank of jello, it
appears from close examination that if it's tilted the grains may shift, but
maybe that was the sand on the beach.

I'll have to go back to the Levin Gallery in Monterey to double check. If
it's still there.

Love that Kodak.

S. Shapiro, Carmel, CA