Re: Quasi "alt" question re:8x10 cameras

jamiehy (jamiehy@pop.globaldialog.com)
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 10:42:33 -0600

>I agree, I would be very interested in what other people recommend as far as
>8x10 cameras, etc. I may be in the market for one soon as I delved into
>alt. photography more and I would like to hear all the wonderful things
>that the world of large negs can do.

I lvoe my 8x10 deardorff which I got when I was 18, have used every day in
my business for the last 20 years, and wouldn't trade in for any other
camera. Though it's recently semi retired, with an optical bench style 4x5
in the most use, I still use it as a backup, and to shoot portraits of my
kids that I hope to print using alt processes. They are strong wonderful
workhorses.
Jamie