Re: Cheap scanner

C. Michael McKinney (mckinnm@host1.swosu.edu)
Mon, 01 Feb 1999 09:15:27 -0500

Andy,
What little I know about resolution is that some resolution is achieved
by mechanical means, ie. the number of collectors doing the scanning and
the number of passes made, and some resolution is achieved digitally by
the computer software interpolating the image. There is a fine
explanation of this process on the net by one of the list members, and I
have it bookmarked at work, but not here at home. Perhaps someone on
this list can point your browser in the right direction. If not, I will
when I return to work.

Michael

C. Michael McKinney, MFA
Southwestern Oklahoma State University