Is it archival

Dan Koons (dkoons@pld.com)
Mon, 01 Feb 1999 11:49:45 -0600

        Gary you brought up a good question about the concern on if photos must
be archival. I sell as many as 3 prints a year, and to be honest those are
the only ones I wonder about( I wash and tone anything I mat and display)
On the other hand a co-worker who does a lot of wedding photography and
sells hundreds of prints a year doesnt seem to worry about it.
Interestingly enough my parents are the ones telling me to take pictures of
my son in black and white because color fades, my son is 1 yr old, my
parents are 72, they more than likly will never see a faded color photo of
my son. SO? maybe its the feeling that somthing that lasts longer is better
just because it will. dan
Dan Koons
Southwest Medical Center
Radiology Department