Re: coated cyanotypes

Domenick Mirando (DOMM@delphi.com)
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 15:36:26 -0500 (EST)

Judy---

I just did a couple of quick coats of the AC-33 on some old cyanos
and have come to the conclusion that.....

....the effects I said I got were directly related to residual chemicals
left behind from insufficient washing or contamination with other things.
(Remember these were tests for other reasons...not toning.)

This is why I hate to tell anyone what I'm doing until further down the
road and wouldn't have unless asked to do so. <G>

One test on an old Fabriano cyano print (which had been printed on both
sides), turned the blues to violet/purple with no change to the whites.

Another test on a different print did nothing except for the effects one
would imagine to get if one coated with clear emulsion.

Nothing turned pink ....but if changes occured, they seem overall consistant.
(Maybe I'll at some point figure out exactly what the happened. (?))

---Dominick