Re: Print Edges

Keith Schreiber (stillpoint@worldnet.att.net)
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 23:11:46 -0700

Why be conventional? Why do as you're told? ::)

I've seen several different edge treatments on gum prints (and other media,
too) and all of them can be effective.

I work mostly in palladium. Sometimes I mask my edges, sometimes not.
Sometimes I coat with a brusk, sometimes with a rod. Sometimes I add some
platinum or use a different paper or .... Mostly I try to be consistent
with these and other choices within a body of work, but if there is a piece
that needs a different treatment then I give it what it needs.

So many rules to be broken!

Cheers,
Keith Schreiber