Re: Reply to difficulties (was whoops sorry)

FotoDave@aol.com
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 09:41:54 -0500 (EST)

> I've been having the same problem. "Reply to author" goes to the list and
> "Reply to All" goes to the list twice. It would seem that my email program
> (Outlook Express) is taking the address from the "To" field rather than the
> "From" field.

I am having the same problem with AOL (America Online). It seems like the mail
sending program has something to do with it too (like what it puts in "from"
and what it puts in "reply-to."

One particular example that I have noticed is when Katherine Thayer sends a
message (to the list), her name (address) appears in the "reply-to" line, so
the reply and reply all work. If Katherine happens to read this email, could
you please send a reply to the list (with anything in it).

Sorry to bother the list, but I might need her email to talk with AOL techs to
see if I could figure out something or a way of configuring my mail
program....

Dave S