silopsism

brandy auld (ariadnelab@hotmail.com)
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 13:11:14 -0800 (PST)

in the western i'm reading i stumbled upon this unlikely passage:

 "The universe is no narrow thing and the order within it is not
constrained by any latitude in its conception to repeat what exists in
one part in any other part. Even in this world more things exist without
our knowledge than with it and the order in creation which you see is
that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you
shall not lose you way. For existence has its own order and that no
mans's mind can compass, that mind itself being but a fact among others.

 joel lederer wrote:

>>You struck a nerve when you said "stay puzzled". I remember an
apifinal
moment of mine, borne out of confusion and the illusion of needing
direction
when it occurred to me to "stay a weirdo". It has helped me to accept
the fact
that I'm not going to be doing things the easy way and that as long as I
realize
that the good stuff is beyond words and cognition that pictures
(photographs)
are my way of dealing and well...

jewelia wrote:

> my rule is to stay puzzled -- healthy and art is more interesting that
way, at least i think.