Re: Kodak T-Max Reversal or internegative

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 23:02:09 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 20 Feb 1999, Mac Legrandi wrote:

> >Hi Garimo, a sudden attack of modesty (I know, it will pass), keeps me
> >from mentioning Liam Lawless's reversal method in P-F #2, I did the
> >process with a student & now that I'm out of the darkroom & in the gum
> >studio I HATE stuff like that -- first time we got really good results...
>

> Hi Judy,
>
> When you wrote:
>
> >I did the
> >process with a student & now that I'm out of the darkroom & in the gum
> >studio I HATE stuff like that -- first time we got really good results...
>

> Are you saying you now don't like the reversal processing? Are you still
> making Lawless negs? I hope to try it once I get the bleach set-up.
>
> Thanks

No, no, I'm saying that I used to be a real darkroom buff, did all that
jaaazzz, like for fun (SLIMT, color sep, reducing, harmonizing, you name
it). But now I'm in the LIGHT room, with gum, and in the LIVING room, with
Ms. Performah, scanner & company, so the simplest darkroom op is daunting.
Even so , the reversal went off more easily than I'd dared hope... highly
recommended.

I don't mean to tempt fate, & force someone to say I couldn't do diddle
with it -- but all feedback good so far. Hope you'll try it....

Though I'd suggest, as we did, for your first time use a "good negative."
By "good" I mean would print OK on #2 filter. Once you've gone through the
motions, then progress to bad, or less good (I have a major supply in case
you need some).

cheers,

Judy