Re: Agfa Scala/Kodak T-Max Reversal

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 23:39:59 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 20 Feb 1999, Richard Lahrson wrote:

> The films listed are the discontinued Direct Positive, Panatomic-X,
> also discontinued, Plus-x and Tri-x Reversal films, discontinued as well.
> And 4-X reversal 7277, something unknown to me.
>
> I'll bet the EASTMAN chemicals, which were some sort of special bulk
> order at the time are no longer available from Kodak; I don't really know.
> They may be available from Bryant Labs in Berkeley, Aircraft or other
> chemical supply houses.
>
> Probably best to use the older type black and film and not the T-Max.
> Experiment at your own risk.

Unh, unh. Best to use cheap Freestyle lith film (30 cents for a sheet of
8x10) and the Lawless method, easily adjusted to your target negative
density-- and fewer chemicals to buy. No sodium dithithioniocyatinate, no
sodium thiocyannate, and no scystine hypochloridamine. Guess I'm
repeating myself...

Oh, but did I say say alt printers would probably have all on hand, except
maybe the sulfuric?

Judy