Re: Re: A modest proposal -- the imp. signature

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 00:17:33 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 22 Feb 1999 DanPhoto@aol.com wrote:
> The whole "hand of the artist" concept dictates the importance of the
> signature. What value would an unsigned Adams print (complete with
> authentication papers) have? Not much most likely. Many buyers are
> tickled pink by the drop count notations that some platinum printers

Dan, some would declare that the *entire* value of the AA print is the
signature. And that there are some prints of great value by anonymous.

> Just as most successful photographs leave room for the viewer to complete
> the emotional story that is initiated by the image, it's nice to think
> that the care and attention the artist gives the final print can help
> enhance that voyage.

If I may be permitted, I doubt the "made by" is an issue for gum printing.
Certainly not a multiple coat gum. The making is inseparable from "the
image." IS the image.

Another reason why......

Judy