Fwd: Re: Re: A modest proposal -- the imp. signature

Richard Sullivan (richsul@earthlink.net)
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 09:00:35 -0700

>Richard Sullivan wrote:
>>I am proud of the fact that I print my own images. I don't want to
>>denigrate those who don't, but damn, I'd like a little respect for having
>>printed my own.

And Dan B. replies:
>Your pride of creation is shared by many Richard. There are so few
>"rights and wrongs" in the arts, but if I didn't do my own printing, I'd
>have to take up gardening or auto repair. It's a fundamental
>characteristic for humans (this human anyway) to enjoy making things with
>their hands.
<snip>

And Dan is one of those rare folks with one foot in the 19th Century and
the other in the 21st! Quite a stretch but done well I might say and I am
glad he takes credit for the printmaking part.

As for gum being unique shall we be reminded of Fresson and Sheila Metzner,
et al? The invasion goes pretty deep.

--Dick

505-474-0890 FAX 505-474-2857
<http://www.bostick-sullivan.com>http://www.bostick-sullivan.com