Re: Dye transfer

Bob_Maxey@mtn.3com.com
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 16:57:57 -0700

You say that because you have not seen 4 colors pigment prints

Which version of the 4 color pigment / dye / whatever process? I always
used a black printer in doing these prints. 4 color pigment prints do not
offer anything that 3 color with a black printer offers. No, no, no, do not
try to tell me differently. All of the supposed new ideas in color have
been tried, ain't nothing new under the sun. There is no color imaginable
that can't be produced from Cyan, magenta and yellow. It is basic color
theory, tried and true, and put through many different versions and
variations.

I have seen what the creator terms 6 and 8 color printing. Same result.

RM