Coating

Bob_Maxey@mtn.3com.com
Tue, 02 Mar 1999 21:06:04 -0700

>>I want to ask, does the Symmons Route Coater lend itself to home
applications of platinum Palladium coating?

This is a device used to precision coat adhesives and oxides on printed
circuit boards during prototype fabrication. It is designed so many layers
can be fabricated without disturbing the previous or next layer. Some
layers are made up of fine metallic oxides that conduct, so
interconnections can be made. I think it is overkill for the average
person, though.

When I coat photographic emulsions, I use a draw bar and a flat surface. A
bead of emulsion is laid down and the bar - a round metal rod, polished is
used to distribute the material across the surface. I used it with
Kwik-Print materials and other sensitized materials. Most recently, I used
it to make photoceramic tiles.

RM