Call for Traveling Portfolio "B"

FotoDave@aol.com
Thu, 04 Mar 1999 18:26:43 -0500 (EST)

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay. I basically took the old rules and make a few changes
concerning perpetual circulation. This is the first time I call for prints for
the traveling portfolio, so I don't know if there will be unclear section of
the rules. If you have any question, just email me.

Dave S

Goal:

- Experience work in a way that downloaded images can't match.
- A chance to see what other people are doing.
- Provide topics for discussion.

The basic idea is to gather prints and circulate them in a portfolio that is
mailed around.

Dates:

3/12/99 (Fri.) You must email and let me know by this date if you are planning
to contribute print(s).
3/26/99 (Fri.) All prints must be received.

The pictures should be:

- 11x14 (absolute maximum) or smaller, and unmounted to keep costs down.
Send up to two prints.
- Nothing irreplacable. These pictures will be subject to loss in the mail,
and much handling. There is no guarantee that it will arrive back in good
shape, or arrive back at all.
- Labeled some place with contact information - who you are and how to reach
you. Name and email at a minimum; phone number and address if you wish. Also
tell the process you used.

Note that you should *not* copy these works. If you want a copy, contact the
picture's creator. People submitting prints can employ watermarks or some
strategy to discourage copying if they wish.

Gathering Prints:

I will email a request for prints with some deadline. People who wish to
contribute can email me. If there are sufficient contributors to make it
worthwhile to assemble a portfolio, I will ask the individuals to send me
their print.

There is no particular theme to this portfolio. Send whatever you interests
you, or or any work on which you would like to receive comments.

Circulating Prints:

When it is clear that a new portfolio will form, I will send out a message to
this list asking for people who want to see the portfolio (a "viewer"). My
intent is that the portfolio will circulate to those who contributed prints,
and to those who ask to see it, with a maximum
circulation list of about 12 people so it won't take forever to reach
everybody. If there's too many viewer requests, I will devise some way to give
people a fair chance at seeing a portfolio.

When I gather the prints, I will send them out, along with a circulation list.
The recipient should:
- Email me upon receiving the print.
- Keep the portfolio for no more than a week (less is appreciated).
- Sends comments upon it to - Sends comments upon it to altphoto-exchange@falcon.ceee.bldrdoc.gov. When
replying to a message, note that the reply-to line is sent to the message-
sender, not to the mailing list.
- Email me upon sending the portfolio to the next person in the circulation
list. Each person is responsible for paying postage to send the portfolio to
the next person in the list.

This portfolio (Portfolio B) will be the first time we try perpetual
circulation. After the prints complete a full round and come back to me, I
will take my print out, replace it with a new print, and send it to the 2nd
person on the list. Each person will do the same thing when he/she receives
the portfolio. The portfolio will continue to circulate. This way, there is no
need for me to send the prints back to the contributors.