Re: Call for Traveling Portfolio "B" - P.S.

FotoDave@aol.com
Thu, 04 Mar 1999 21:07:45 -0500 (EST)

A few notes that I'd like to add:

1. The prints must be done with alt. photo process. I just found that it
wasn't mentioned in the "rules." That's probably because before the first
portfolio started, we have had some online discussion already, so everyone
knew.

I know it's hard to precisely define alt. photo process, but I think we know
more or less what it means. We will not take straight silver gelatin prints
(although we fully recognize those as arts too). Silver gelatin prints toned
for special effects are acceptable. Those toned simply to increase Dmax or for
archival purposes are not acceptable (as alt. process). I hope I am not
causing any argument or flame. I do recognize the artistic value of all these.
It is just that for this portfolio, we specifically want it to be alt.

2. The portfolio is going to travel within the United States of America only.
We had some discussion on going to other countries, but it sounds too
complicated to handle at this point.

Thanks in advance to all contributors. Please remember to let me know by next
Friday! :)

Dave S