Re: truth in scanning

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Fri, 05 Mar 1999 20:55:12 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, C. Michael McKinney, MFA wrote:

> Judy,
>
> I sometimes have a problem while making digital negatives for registration
> that involves the transparency material's position on the rollers when
> pickep up by the printer mechanism from the mannual feeder. I found less
> error by using the automatic feed tray on the laser printer and carefully
> stacking the transparency material. I also use registration marks
> available in photoshop's print function, so even if there is a slight
> difference between the images' positions on the transparency, I can
> generally still get the image registered.

Hi Michael, since I register by eye, position on the sheet wasn't the
issue, but it occurs to me tht maybe the manual feed compressed the
acetate differently -- more likely though, the fuser heat just *expanded*
it differently...

> Glad to see you are digital this week! :)

Oh I wish ! That was about 6 weeks ago (I'm bogged down in the issue at
this point, no time to play). I was distracted & list was so clogged,
I just got around to mentioning it ...

cheers,

Judy