Re: john waters movie "Pecker"

Michael Keller (keller@wvinter.net)
Sat, 06 Mar 1999 16:16:06 -0500

You're right, of course, about "focus," but let's not be too narrow, or hassle
someone for an occasional off topic message, even a long one. Look, which is
worse, for Jewelia to post something that 50% of the list finds useless, or to
continue the thread about how stupid it was? Wouldn't it have been better,
instead of posting a "What is this doing in my mailbox" reply, followed by
another "Yeah, why," followed by Jewelia's even more lengthy response, not to
mention at least one message that was more than slightly insulting to a list
member, to just have IGNORED the original post? If you (not Charles personally,
but "you" collectively) don't want it to continue, don't encourage it. Also,
the remark today about cutting the quoted amount to a minimum when talking
about the uselessness of the original message, was right on. We can all use a
little common sense.