Re: Collotype

Wayde Allen (wallen@boulder.nist.gov)
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 10:33:42 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 11 Mar 1999, Amanda Lane wrote:

> I have just subscribed to this discussion.
> I would like to learn Collotype - the traditional glass plate method - does
> anyone know where or how or anyone practising anywhere in the world.

There used to be talk about collotype on this list. Searching through
the archives is beginning to look like your best bet.

I did just do a quick web search using AltaVista to verify that the
altphoto archives are accesible this way, and also located the URL

   http://www.megalink.net/~shattenb/collotyp/collotyp.htm

Some of the people that talked about this process in the past mentioned
using aluminum plates rather than glass. I don't know if that is a great
advantage, but you'd probably have less of a chance of breaking the
plates.

At any rate, I'd be interested in knowing what you find out. I've been
threatening to try this process for some time now.

- Wayde
  (wallen@boulder.nist.gov)