Re: paper language

jewelia (jewelia@erols.com)
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 23:37:23 -0800

hello judy!

it is not uncommon for printers to use a blotter stack like this to dry
their intaglios flat-- some --and i have done this lots--- & i've put lots
of them in there pretty damp--but guess i should say--should be no mold &
mildew problem--but like everything takes some judgement---i keep lookin for
more myself but figure you can always check on progress of your prints every
now and then---

tables work fine, rectangular banquet ones are the best i think!--i always
blow air across my stack if its on the floor to keep some air moving around
in there--perhaps just folklore but--and i would prefer a slab of wood to
glass myself--i can see wood breathing at least some....

the misting thing -- reduces the amount of water your blotters have to deal
with and reduces the chance of sticking--especially good if you've just
externally sized a paper with starch--otherwise you could end up with a
sheet of hybrid bristol blotter paper.

---what i use to mist--i'm cheap--panty hose have really put a pinch on my
budget ya' know--i use an old windex bottle--i save them to squirt this&that
stuff here&there after i use up the glass cleaner keeping my vacuum frame
glass nice and crystal clear bright---so i have one just for misting paper

yeah it works real good for me--but you know the cosmos does seem to grant
me blotting favors these days--but just to ensure my success i just rely on
growing herbs----it used to be gods country down here and then the colonists
showed up in 1634--.

mildewy gums? sounds like an off-topic hygiene problem -- --but...

--i don't expect you'd have much chance of mildew from misting and
blotting -- but i can't look it up in a book -- and i admit--there are
probably some prints that would be better served with a lot of heat--but i
always heard that when you work in gum you were supposed to put just a nice
smooth thin coat of it on top of your platinum? -- she!she! -- i just want
to make sure the world knows that i do enjoy a good life and can...laugh
while she works--

cheerios--gunna be a long night...

jewelia Margueritta Cameroon