Re: Crane's paper for Pt/Pd (fwd)

Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 10:50:37 -0500

Andy Darlow wrote:
> I recently printed some Van Dyke Brown prints on Stonehenge White (equal in
> thickness to card stock) and I found it to print very warm compared to
> Cranes and Arches hot press, which were much more neutral despite being
> warmer toned papers. I think Pt/PL may react similiarly. It is worth a
> try because the paper is superb in quality and washes wery well.

Well here is an example of what my suggestions sent in a previous post
attempted to address.
Andy, have you ever printed a pt/Pd print?
Andy, what makes you seem to think that Pt/Pd will behave like Van Dyke
Brown?
Andy, what makes you think Stonehenge will work for Pt/Pd?
Andy, what makes you think Stonehenge will clear or wash well with the
Pt/Pd process?

Andy, thank you for your information concerning Van Dyke Brown printed
on Stonehenge White.

However, Andy, do not tell us on this list that Pt/Pd will or even may
react the same as Van Dyke Brown without doing it. This is the kind of
misinformation than could waste someone's time. This also causes
confusion and improperly answers a serious quest for knowledge (under
this subject that of obtaining a certain paper). Andy, YOU spend the
time to study this and report back when YOU have documented answers.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/